Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shopping @ Alishan


Alishan is one of the oldest fabrics stores in the city. I have been hearing the name from the Milind Soman days. Though Milind had no six packs, he was called a super model. Ad agencies were mad after him, until a big controversy hit him and another 90's model Madhu Sapre, when they were filed under for posing nude in a shoe Ad. He has been spotted in movies like "16 December" and one of Alisha's hits "Made in India".
Alishan has the tag line "of Men, by Men, for Men" similar to a quote by on of the need-no-intro guys, Abraham Lincoln. The only good thing that is going to happen to you there, is that you wont get to see much girls there, so you can decide and make a good purchase.

The store has lot of good brands, including top players Turtle, Louis Phillipe, Allen Solly; along with new comers like Swathe. I wouldn't describe what I got for myself as it isn't going to interest me or other readers. Whenever you visit a showroom, you get to see all kinds of people there. Even you see some guys who have lots of free time to waste, and come here to try at least 16 trousers but make no purchase at the end. Its not new that you get stuck in traffic, though not that long in Bhubaneswar, on a rainy day. Same was the case that day, but the reason wasn't a huge trolley or an accident.
Guess what, it were buffaloes. Not one but a herd was having a kitty party right in the middle of the freeway, leaving just one lane free for people. Looked like they had booked the other two lanes from BMC for the party.

People managed to drive through that single lane. Even all the horns in the city roaring at once, couldn't move the buffaloes. I got down to take pictures on my phone, as I always do when I spot unusual things. I waited a while to see who would the first person to drive away those buffaloes. No one came. I didn't disturb them either. Came back home, logged into twitter and updated my status "Bhubaneswar is one of India's cleanest cities".

No comments:

Post a Comment